 |
| She may be in the heart of the terrible twos, but she's still my sweetie. |
I have to be honest. I don't think I really remember Alex and Abby's true terrible two phase. I mean, I remember it was bad. I can remember taking video of Alex screaming and kicking the door for no reason whatsoever. I can remember the kicking, pinching, fighting and constant crying. But for some reason, I don't remember it driving me
this crazy! I was thinking about it today. I think part of the reason that I don't remember things being so crazy back then, was because both Alex and Abby were going through it at around the same time. We all know that 'terrible two' really is a phase that goes well into the third and sometimes fourth year. And even though they had their bad days, they had each other to get them through it. A bored child does not help the anger and mixed up feelings that they get at this age. With Alex and Abby in school most of the time, Evie is home all day with just dear old mom. And dear old mom, as awesome as she is (ahem), just isn't all that fun all the time. I try. I really do. But after reading the 60th book for the day, I sometimes just need a break. That's about the time I go do things around the house or sit down and try not to do anything for a brief moment. Evie does not enjoy this.
I've been working hard on a literary program for the kids at school and it is time consuming. One of the tasks I've appointed myself is creating a "mascot" for the speech I'm supposed to give to the students. This is great fun for me. Not so much fun for a bored two-year old. So as I'm painting it, I gave her a board to draw on. It helps...for awhile. She helps me bake cookies. She likes to make her own oatmeal for breakfast (with help). She's a pro at finding all the socks in the laundry. But through it all, there are tantrums. Oh, the screaming! And pinching? Oh my goodness! That girl does three things that I find it very...
very...difficult to cope with. She spits at me when she's mad and then when she realizes that the spitting isn't getting my goat, she pinches. And whilst pinching she says, "Pinch, pinch!" If the pinching doesn't work, she resorts to kicking and saying "Kick, kick!"
 |
| Fun for me. Not for Evie. |
*sigh* I know that this will pass one day. And I will not remember the frustrating times. I will remember the sweet little girl who does super cute things, like lying on the floor with the cats. But some days, my sanity barely hangs on by a thread. And it's a very, very thin thread right now.
 |
| Sleeping with Luke in a box. |
 |
| She is the cat whisperer. This is Leia. Leia hates everyone but Josh. And when Alex and Abby are gone, she loves Evie. She frequently curls up in her lap and purrs. Strange. |
No comments:
Post a Comment