Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pitter-patter

Right now, as I type, I can hear the pitter-patter of little feet heading for the bedroom door. This ordinarily wouldn't be an issue. But seeing as how it is past 9:00 p.m., it can only mean that someone is awake. So if you'll excuse me for a moment...


Okay. I'm back. You see, Abby has decided to give up her crib. So at bedtime, I spend the better half of an hour taking her back to her crib and telling her to stay there and go to sleep. So thus, the pitter-patter of little feet can only mean one thing. She has escaped her prison...no wait...I mean crib...again. And again and again and again. She refuses to stay in it now that she has mastered her escaping skills. So as a result, this weekend I will be replacing her crib with the lovely toddler bed that Alex never wanted to use. He is lucky enough to get the big twin bed. I'd love nothing more than to give Abby her own twin bed too, but seeing as how they share a teeny tiny room, there is not enough space for two beds. (Please, oh please, let Josh keep a job so we can move someday. Because I'm not sure if they will be able to adjust to sharing bunk-beds when they are teenagers.) So as of this weekend we will most likely be a crib-free home. Wow. Times are changing so fast with these kiddos. No more baby toys. No more cribs. Alex has outgrown his carseat and has to move to a booster a year earlier than most kids due to his nearing the 40 pound mark. And hopefully I can add 'no more diapers' to this list soon. Abby is showing signs of wanting to potty train. She asks to use the potty all the time now (with a very small success rate). So I suppose I better get this blog done for the night. I can hear the pitter-patter again. *sigh* What a little turkey...

No comments:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers