So it's done. The crib is gone as of today. Last night after miss Abby went to bed, she got out of her crib for the last time. I put her to bed just like always and after at least a half hour of screaming and 'Mommy! I wanna rock!', she decided to just do it her way. I heard the tell tale sound of her kicking the wall through her crib and then I heard a large THUD directly afterwards. At first I was heading to go check on her because I thought she might have hurt herself. But by the time I got to the door, she was happily talking to herself. Granted, the noises I heard coming from her sounded like it was closer than the distance it was to her crib. But I chalked it up to possible hearing loss issues and decided to avoid going in the room. Because as we all know, going back in the room usually only makes things worse. So about ten minutes later I decided that she had been quiet so long that she was more than likely asleep and I should go check to make sure she didn't have a pillow over her head or something. I went to open the door and it was stopped by something in the way. It was Abby. She had thrown her pillow and blankets out of the crib, climbed out, and proceeded to curl up in front of the door on the floor. I looked down at my precious little, thumb-sucking doorstop and said, "What are you doing on the floor Abby?" She grinned up at me and said, "I sleeping." *sigh* So I said, "You need to go to your crib and sleep." To which she instantly jumped up with her blankets in tow and ran to the rocking chair saying, "No! I wanna rock, mom!"
So in hopes of not putting her life in danger by falling out of the crib, I decided to replace it first thing this morning. I was very concerned that she would not take a nap for her first day in the 'big girl bed', but to my massive surprise, she zonked out within five minutes. On her own. No rocking needed. No escape attempts. Nothing! Not a single issue. I couldn't be more thrilled. Now bedtime will tell me the ultimate result of the transition, but for now, it appears to be a smooth sailing!
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment