Saturday, October 30, 2010

Once upon a time...

Some nights, I am just so drained from the day that I just don't have that extra fifteen minutes in me to read books to the kids. So I opt for a different bedtime routine. I tell the kids each one story. It's usually very short, 100% ad-lib, and they absolutely love it. The stories vary from night to night. One night Alex wants to be a tractor and Abby a princess. The next night Abby wants to be a pony and Alex wants to be a dump truck. See a trend? Anyhow, occasionally the kids ask if they can tell me a story. Usually the story starts and ends in about three seconds flat and aren't much in the way of creative. But tonight, Alex asked me to sit on his bed so he could tell me a story and I listened as he weaved a magical tale from his young mind. And it was the most wonderful story I've ever heard. Though I will try to tell it as he did, I am sure I will miss a few things. I literally came straight to the computer to write it down so I would never forget. Just imagine the story being told in a four-year old's voice and the adorableness will shine through. My story goes something like this...

Princess Mommy

Once upon a time, there was a princess called Princess Mommy. Princess Mommy was very great and very cool. She was very fantastic and she always would play with me every day. She drove a tractor too. Princess Mommy was so really fun and played with me. She would run, jump, play games and do all kinds of things with me. She danced and went outside to play. And it was really fun. One day she flied on a really big airplane with me and we went high up in the sky. The sky was very cool and mommy was very beautiful. And at the end of the day Princess Mommy went home and she sat on my bed. She sat down on my bed with me and Abby. It was really great and fun. And I love her veeeeerrry much! The end.

(insert happy mom tear drop here.)

No comments:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers