 |
| 2 months old |
Little Miss Evie turned two months old on Friday. She's a completely different baby than she was a month ago. It's absolutely fascinating how much change can happen in a mere month's span of time. This month was pretty crazy for the most part. Alex brought home the dreaded chest cold from H-E-double hockey stick. Naturally, much to my breast-feeding mama disappointment, Evie caught the blasted thing. This chest cold...possibly muted flu (not really sure at this point)...was bad. And I mean Bad (with a capital B). Alex developed a horrific sinus infection that led to really scary atypical migraines, Abby developed pneumonia, and Evie? Well Evie had RSV and brochiolitis. The poor thing was in pretty bad shape. The retractions in her breathing and her O2 levels were not good to say the least. We had to go to the ER four times total and it was not a pleasant experience. She had to have deep suctioning three times and it was pretty awful to watch as a mother. Anyhow, after she was about 90% healed from that, this week she went and caught another cold on top of it and is as snotty as ever. *
sigh* The other kids aren't even sick so I have no idea how she got sick again. So much for breastfeeding antibodies. Oh well. Marching on. Here is what Miss Evie's second month has consisted of.
Sleep- This girl can get her sleep on! She is now sleeping five to six hours at a time at night and never wakes up screaming or crying horribly. It probably helps that the crib is a few mere feet from me and I wake up at the slightest sound. It's wonderful to have a great sleeper for a change but still a bit odd as I adjust to it. Now, that being said...it's been so non-stop on the sick homefront that I am up way too much at night and was only getting roughly three to four hours of sleep each night.
Thumb- It's on to round two for us with thumb-sucking. The last week or so, Evie has been getting more and more efficient at sneaking her thumb into her mouth. She will wake up at night and I'll hear the cute little snorts and snuffs as she is trying to find a way to get that little thumb in her mouth. Then you hear the soft sucking sound as she's soothing herself back into dreamland. It's pretty cute and reminds me of Abby.
Smiles & Coos- One thing is for sure. Despite being sick for the better part of this month, this girl is happy. She smiles more than I remember the other two kiddos smiling. She just gets to grinning and pretty soon is cooing and smiling as big as she can. She "talks" to me all day long in that adorable, too cute for words baby kind of way. She gets those feet pumping while she's smiling too and looks about excited as a bear finding a honey comb! Pretty darn cute!
 |
| So cute and holds her head like a pro! |
Rollin'- She rolled for the first time as I've already mentioned previously on the blog (in one of those rare moments when I had time to sit down and write for a change). I don't know how she does it, but she somehow is shimmying her way down the crib at night. I put her on one end of the crib and by the time she wakes up she is all the way down on the other end of the crib. I have a feeling she'll be an early crawler. I'm so excited to think she'll be crawling all over the germ-ridden floors of every place we go. (sarcasm noted?) It's not that I'm anti-germ or over-protective. It's just that she is so young and been sick so often. I'm ready for her to catch a break from it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment